The client (a long-time friend) initially contacted me in July 2015 asking if I knew of any designers in South Africa that could help him with his interior – designing and decorating the entire house, and some cosmetic renovations.
Because I have not lived in, or worked in South Africa for over 16 years, I couldn’t offer him a local point of reference, but flippantly said “buy me ticket, and I will happily do it”. Michael responded with “consider your ticket booked”.
The scope of works included:
- Repainting the interior,
- Building two nib walls to create specific zones in the entry, living area and dining area
- Installing engineered timber flooring throughout the house – 230m2 of engineered flooring,
- Replacing carpets
- Replacing all window treatments
- Repositioning power points
- Replacing light fixtures
- Furnishing and decorating the entire house
The project was scheduled for September 2015.
* No work was done on the bathrooms and kitchen other than décor and the engineered flooring was extended into the kitchen.
Craigavon, Johannesburg, South Africa
15 Sep – 7 Oct 2015